How to Calculate the Steel Grating Theoretical Weight
The weight calculation for the steel grating means its theoretical weight.
The weight of the steel grating is the theoretical weight after the wrapping and the surface treatment. The end edge, opening and the cut out are different so the real weight maybe not as the same as the theoretical weight. The calculating basis is the theoretical weight on the steel grating platform weight calculation and the steel grating delivery settlement. When the length of the steel grating is less than 1 m or there is end edge for the steel grating, the weight would increase. When we wrap with the bearing bar and the length of the steel grating is more than 1 m, we use the following computational formula to calculate the theoretical weight.
Wt = (b1t1N1 + b2t2N2 + 2b3t3)ρμ × 10-6
For this computational formula
- Wt: the steel grating weight and the unit is kilogram per square meter (kg/m2);
- t1: the bearing bar width and the unit is millimeter (mm);
- b1: the bearing thickness and the unit is millimeter (mm);
- N1: the bearing bar number for the steel grating;
- t2: the cross bar width and the unit is millimeter (mm);
- b2: the cross bar thickness and the unit is millimeter (mm);
- N2: the cross bar number for the steel grating;
- t3: the width of the bearing bar with the end bar and the unit is millimeter (mm);
- b3: the bearing bar thickness with the end bar and the unit is millimeter (mm);
- ρ: the material density and the unit is kilogram per cubic meter (kg/m3) and the steel material density is 7850 kg/m3;
- μ: the surface treatment weight gain coefficient and for the hot dipped galvanized coating is 1.06.
Inquiry for Our Product
Anping Mengke Wire Mesh Manufacture Co., Limited
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.